Every Virtual Assistant can sometime use some help in the marketing department, because constantly finding new, cost-effective and innovative ways to promote your business often proves to be a difficult thing.
But don’t worry – you can still attract clients without breaking the bank.
So, after you’ve spend some time pinpointing your ideal clients, here are 15 ideas to start spreading the word and promoting your business. Best of all, you can start implementing them today and many of these can be done with little to no money. It will cost you nothing more than a bit of your time.
1. Create a blog: Show potential customers your expertise by blogging about things that might interest them. It only takes about 5 minutes to set up a free Google account and begin blogging with Blogger. You can also create links to your blog when mentioning the posts on your website, email newsletters, email signature file, social media accounts and traditional print marketing materials.
2. Comment on Blogs: Contribute to the conversations on blogs your ideal clients will visit/read. Keep the comments relevant to the topic and include a link back to your website / blog.
3. Use On-line Business Directories: List your business and website on on-line business directories. Just Google the words “business directories” and you will find hundreds of them. It creates free advertising as well as a link back to your website.
4. Tell your family and friends what you are doing: Ask them if they know someone who could benefit from your services.
5. Start building a list: Build a list of potential clients who might be interested in your services – (this is where you list the names of potential clients you receive from talking to family and friends).
6. Do an internet search: Find contact details of potential clients in your niche. Contact them personally to introduce your business.
7. Visit business owners in your local community.
8. Pin a flyer or a business card to community bulletin boards in your area.
9. Get active on Twitter: Create a Twitter profile and start tweeting relevant info. It only takes a few minutes to make a tweet and proves to be a steady way to build up a network of followers interested in your area of expertise
10. Create a Facebook Business Page: Start by sending out invites to all your friends, family, and existing clients and post conversions on the “Wall”. Post items like videos, news stories, pictures, interesting blog posts applicable to your business. Get the conversations going.
11. Make Your Business Cards Memorable: Print a coupon code or discount service on the back of your business card to encourage potential clients to make use of your services.
12. Join professional groups in your area for great networking opportunities: It can be groups like the Chamber of Commerce, Women associations, Rotary Club and more.
13. Use your website and exchange links with other businesses: Offer link exchanges on related business websites where your link will add value to their visitors, and their link will add value to your visitors.
14. Use your Invoices: Attach a small brochure or flyers to the invoices you send out monthly. Inform existing clients about special offers or new services you provide.
15. Print a few leaflets: Leave your leaflets and business cards at the local hairdresser, doctor, and dentist – anywhere people have to wait.
16. Print a t-shirt and hat with your company logo: Wear it when walking or jogging and ensure your spouse also has one!
This list is only a starting point to help you getting the creative juices flowing. There are many, many more ideas to spread your message far and wide and attract your ideal clients.
If you enjoyed this list or if you have any other ideas please feel free to drop them into the comments section below. Let’s help each other and be helped in the process as well!