Achieve your Goals In 5 Easy Steps!
Often people wants to know what the most important goal setting tips are.
There are numerous tips available if you want to do some research. However, below are 5 basic tips that will support you with the process from thinking about your goals to actually achieving them.
Goal Setting Tip 1: Create the habit of developing goals in all areas of life
Setting powerful goals in each area of your life should become a habit that will help to create a more balanced lifestyle.
Did you know that 95% of what we do, we do automatically and only 5% of our actions are conscious?
We all have our own ‘rituals’ that we do repeatedly without having to think about it – such as brushing your teeth, driving your car or cooking a good meal. When we were younger, these simple actions where goals that we wanted to achieve and today they are automatic actions.
Can you imagine the impact that goal setting can have in your life if you can create a habit out of it.
The bottom line is therefore that goals should not just be something that we have to do when the need arises – such as when you are starting a new business.
It should be an act that continuously incorporates all areas of your life to enhance a more balances lifestyle.
Areas to consider are:
- Personal goals
- Home- and Family goals
- Physical- and Health goals
- Financial- and Career goals
- Spiritual goals
Tip: It is much more powerful to make all your goals “wants” and not “shoulds”. A goal that you truly want and belief in, is easier to convert into a habit than something that you have to do.
Goal Setting Tip 2: Put your goals in writing
There is something powerful about writing out what you want. Getting your dreams out of your head and onto a piece of paper is a great success strategy which delivers big results.
This simple act of writing down your goals helps to clarify your ideas and will allow you to visualize them more effectively.
The process of writing down your goals actually consists of a few interlinked actions.
- Brainstorm: Get into a good mental and emotional state and start your brainstorming. Write all possible goals quickly without any editing or criticism. You just want to be as creative in your vision as you can be.
- Write your goal in positive, present tense: Evaluate all your goals from the brainstorming session and start writing each into a positive affirmation. The reason why we write our goals in a positive present tense is to create a set of instructions for your subconscious mind to carry out.Your subconscious mind is a very efficient tool – it cannot determine right from wrong and it does not judge. It’s only function is to carry out instructions. A goal in present tense creates the illusion that it is already achieved and the more positive instructions you give your subconscious mind, the more positive results you will get.
- Write your goal in complete detail: Once again you are giving the subconscious mind a detailed set of instructions to work on. The more information you give it, the clearer the final outcome becomes and the more precise the outcome, the more efficient the subconscious mind can become.
As an example: Instead of writing “I need to increase my number of customers”, rather write “I absolutely enjoy calling 1 new client every day. It gives me a healthy, satisfied customer base of at least 10 clients each month”.
- List the benefits you intend to receive by achieving each goal: This will keep you focused and strong, particularly when you face the inevitable roadblocks and barriers. The more benefits you can list for your goals, the more motivating those goals will become.
- Prioritise your goals: After you’ve written your goals down, start prioritising them. Pick a few of the high priority goals and focus your efforts on them for the next few months. Try not to pick too many goals to focus on as this will dilute your energy and make it harder to get the results you want.One of the secrets of successful people is that they take action on the most important things every day. Avoid focusing a lot of attention on things that are not important.
For more information read